Ooey-Gooey-Disgustingly Good & Easy: Peanut Butter Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
Beyond the title and picture, need I say more?
Here are the details...
1. Go to Trader Joe's and buy one can of Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls, a container of Peanut Butter Cream Cheese and a package of bacon.
2. Cook the bacon crispy and the cinnamon rolls according to the package directions. (If you want them extra ooey gooey, put a pat of salted butter on top of each cinnamon roll before putting them in the oven)
3. Mix the icing package with 4 tbsp of the peanut butter cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat until the mixture is a combined and a little warm.
4. Place the finished cinnamon rolls each in its own bowl(this allows for the icing to pool around the roll which is so choice) then pour the icing over the cinnamon rolls and top with little pieces of bacon. Drool.
* Note: In my opinion Trader Joe's does not give you enough icing (does anybody ever?). This recipe, in my opinion, makes enough icing for 3 out of the 5 rolls. However, you could easily mix some powdered sugar with some milk and the peanut butter cream cheese in the same manner as above and make enough to cover, or should I say drown, all 5 rolls.
If sugar runs through your veins this blog is for you. I am dedicated to researching, tasting, and reporting the tastiest treats this side of the Mississippi. Not to mention I have a knack for dessert novelties and curiosities with a dash of nostalgic reflection on the best and brightest treats of the past. So make sure and leave a trail of breadcrumbs because this is one dessert blog you will want to come back to again and again!