Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Made My Own Nut-ella, ella, ella. Aye, Aye, Aye.


I've never been one to fix what ain't broke. For example, why make my own peanut butter when Skippy is deathly delicious, why make my own bread when Tartine's is near perfection, and, for gosh sakes, why make my own french fries when McDonald's does it way better! However, I guess there is an exception to the rule in most instances.

So that is where my catchy pun-of-a-title comes in... I made my own Nut-ella, ella, ella. Aye, aye, aye. 

I don't know what possessed me to do it, or what possessed me to tell that awful joke,  but I did both. And I must say, even though the original Nutella is finger-licken' great, my version is even better! At least in my opinion it is. 

But what is claim to greatness without some rational, let me expand. As my husband, and Charlie Seen, would say, my nutella is "bi-winning." The hazelnut flavor is more organic and whole in my spread, and the chocolate is a much darker and robust than the chocolate used in the store bought stuff. Both come together to create beautiful music on your tongue whether smeared on a crepe or eaten straight out of the jar.


Did I mention it was also ridiculously easy? And that the recipe is from my man David Lebovitz? Check it out, "boom."

6 comments:

  1. robust. not a word I would ever use for chocolate, and yet, you're right. You're nutella is totally robust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you may have to come teach a workshop for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leah! And Jeffery I would be totally down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i noticed at least one cigar box in the picture staging....have you found a good smoking lounge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alex! I've never been a fan of Nutella (although my boyfriend LOVES it) but yours looks really good! I'll have to give it a go! :) I'm your newest follower, by the way! :)

    Heather @ Catfish Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. a jar of that could possibly be a good birthday present for someone's mama...hint!

    ReplyDelete