Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back At Sweet Rose W/ Some Sweet Girls


Here I am, in Fort Collins Colorado, sitting under my favorite snow leopard blanket listening to my Bridget Bardot (consequently a Bossa Nova) Pandora station with the sound of the thunder and rain roaring through my open window in the background. I finished The Sun Always Rises by Hemingway earlier today, and shared a good strong beer and a clove with my husband an hour ago; I can honestly say I am feeling pretty great right about now.


But as I reflect on greatness, I can't help but be reminded of the great summer the Lord allowed me to spend with some sweet girls in Santa Monica, CA during a month long mission trip. We learned together, laughed together, lived together and grew together under the care and guidance of our Great God.


The time has ended now, but will forever shape us thanks to the orchestrator of it all. And though I sit totally content in my bed at the moment, I can't help but think back and miss.


At the end of the summer, we ended our quality time together appropriately with some quality ice cream at Sweet Rose Creamery in Santa Monica, CA.

Yes, I have blogged about the place before, but I just wanted to highlight the sweet girls who went with me and the Bacon Bourbon Sundae :)


Here they are...





Here was our ice cream...




The Bacon Bourbon Sundae as promised. Pretty delicious and beautiful.


And there it goes.



Cue thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment