Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm Back! And So Is Lemonade!


Hello to all my long lost readers! It's been so long and I apologize! Life has been a lot busier than normal, thanks to a new work venture that is incredible but takes up more of my time than my job does during the rest of the year. I am on a "Summer Project" with college students from all over the country back in my ol' stompin' grounds, LA. Well, Santa Monica to be more exact. 


The sad part about it though is that I don't have a mixer, or any baking ingredients, or cake pans, or even measuring cups! So that means no baking for me until August! But fear-ye-not! There are plenty of sweet things to eat in Santa Monica that other people have baked or made, which is where my story begins...


Lemonade. Sweet, sour, yellow, a favorite from my childhood, but mostly a memory of times past...until now. Lemonade has revamped itself and taken on different shades of color and flavors and is once again claiming the throne of Summer from young children to your grandma. Where might you ask is this come back occurring? Lemonade eatery in Venice!



At Lemonade they are squeezing out all sorts of flavors like cucumber mint, blood orange, watermelon rosemary and peach ginger. 



Not to mention, the iconic lemony liquid is not the only thing they have slapped a fresh coat of paint on, they are also reintroducing, in a oh-so-gourmet way, cafeteria style eating! That's right, when you get there you just grab a tray pick your sides and the pot roast of your choice and move on down the line.


My favorites thus far are their lima beans with shaved parmesan, brussels sprouts with shaved parmesan and balsamic and their harissa chicken with bulgur wheat and apricots. Yum!


Once you get to the end of the line make sure to pick up a dessert, the blondies are TA-STY!, and the lemonade of your choice. Really you can't go wrong with any of the flavors, but I particularly enjoy cucumber mint and peach ginger.



There it is! And don't worry, if you don't live near Santa Monica there are other locations in Brentwood, Downtown LA, Beverly Hills, inside the MOCA and coming soon.... Pasadena! 


So go to Lemonade and relive the glory years of summer in a new, fresh and very exciting way. I'll join you if you want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment