Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh You Know, I Just Had It... Lying Around: Banana Souffle w/ Fleur de Sel Salted Caramel


What do you do when you're having someone over for dinner, but you didn't have time to go to the store for supplies? You make it work.

Josh had dinner covered, so it was up to me to whip up a dessert. First step, asses what you have lying around. I have a super ripe banana...ok, eggs...check, some leftover salted caramel from some cupcakes I made and only about 2 tbsp of powdered sugar...dang. On to the in-ter-net!

I found an easy recipe using TasteSpotting for Banana Souffle that I had all the ingredients for and decided it would pair well with my extra salty caramel. Yum and phew!

Then, when they finally made their appearance all puffy and pompous out of the oven, I could say... I just had the ingredients, you know, lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment