Sunday, November 8, 2009

Shall we Feast??!!!




I have some fond memories of IHOP... like going with my family Sunday mornings, sitting on their bright blue benches for half an hour fighting with my brothers while we waited for a table and of course the feeling of happiness I received when I saw my favorite double chocolate chip pancake smiling back at me with it's whip cream mouth and cherry nose. However, after seeing a recent IHOP advertisement for the new holiday hotcakes, I am beginning to question if IHOP is in fact "all good" or if I just assume everything they make is delicious because of the way I romanticize the past. Are flavors like gingerbread, pumpkin, pecan pie and yes (are you ready for this one?) ... eggnog a work of genius or the work of the devil? Now, I have to admit I have not tried any of them yet but I do have a verbal confirmation from my friend Allyse for a pancake date, or should I say date of execution? I will have to let you guys know what state my stomach is in after trying them. Where do all my blogees stand? Shall we feast on these festive flapjacks or abstain?

5 comments:

  1. Not sure I could eat a whole order. If I ever get there will have to try one of those.. well maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEAST! You'll never know if you don't try. You may perhaps discover something truly wonderful. Or may you may discover that IHOP is just trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both. I must adventure and try them, but maybe I will split an order with Allyse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who says I'm sharing?? Kidding. You also should have asked which of the four we should try...if we ordering eggnog pancakes I need to start mentally preparing myself now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say pecan pie and gingerbread! I don't even like regular eggnog!

    ReplyDelete