Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Joy of Bacon


You're not trippin. I did have an earlier post called "Oh the Joy of Baking" but I believe the word "bacon" in my title communicates a huge difference in the subject matter. However, this Maple Black Pepper Bacon recipe is another tried and true adapted masterpiece from the lovely Joy the Baker blog. Frankly, I will try any recipe with bacon as of late. After marrying my bacon fanatic husband, my bacon ban quickly turned into bacon love. Which is actually kinda funny because that reflects the history of my husband and I's relationship, but that is a whole other long story. Back to the bacon! This recipe yields perfect strips of sweet, peppery, crispy and salty bacon. Not to mention it's super easy! So say yes to the bacon beast (my husband's affectionate name for a pig), and give this recipe a try. It's sure to bring you joy.

Ingredients:
Thick cut bacon
Maple Syrup (fakes not allowed)
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place bacon strips on sheet, close but not overlapping.
3. Drizzle with maple syrup, about 2 or 3 Tablespoons per 10 bacon strips. Sprinkle with as much black pepper as you like.
4. Bake for 10 minutes then remove pan from the oven and carefully flip bacon strips over. Bake for another 6-8 minutes or until the bacon is crispy enough for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment