Saturday, February 11, 2012

Magazine Monday: Corn Griddle Cakes W/ Sausage And Orange Honey Butter


I don't know about you, but whenever I receive one of my food magazines in the mail I flip through it, dog ear some pages and toss it in a drawer never to be utilized. What a waste! Huh?


Well not this month dear readers. I have already made two recipes from February's issue of Bon Appetit and both have been amazing. The first, The Fried Chicken recipe featured on the cover, I will not expound on much here because it is a savory recipe (and I actually didn't make it, my husband did), but I will say it was the best fried chicken I have ever had and you are dumb if you don't try it. Recipe here.


The other is a Southern dish I made for breakfast on Monday: Corn Griddle Cakes W/ Sausage And Orange Honey Butter.


If you are a savory-sweet fan this recipe is for you. Though the unique mix of sausage and chives with the sweet taste of corn and honey might alarm you, the flavor is as comforting and smooth as a southern drawl. Definitely worth your time and calories.



So shuffle through you drawer of old magazines or click this link and try it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment