Red, green and white everywhere you look! It could only mean one thing, Christmas is upon us! Yay! For me that means listening to A Charlie Brown's Christmas Soundtrack on repeat...
watching Christmas Vacation ("You serious Clark?")...
and baking lots of cookies! Mostly, I bake them with my mom who has a whole army of amazing go-to Christmas cookie recipes, but I do dabble in the cookie arts this time of the year as well. In fact, in the midst of my dabbling I created a holiday explosion! I call them my Christmas-In-One-Bite-Cookies (thanks Sarah for inspiring the name!).
Why are they "Christmas-In-One-Bite"? Well for the same reason red, green and white means Christmas is upon us. These cookies are jam packed full of red dried cranberries, green pistachios and white chocolate chips. Not to mention, butter, sugar, four, oats... you know, all the good stuff! Every bite is like a saturated Christmas explosion!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed firm
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Cream the butter and sugars together on med-hi speed for about 3 min. or until fluffy
2. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat for two minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and quick oats. Slowly add this mixture to the wet mixture on low speed. Make sure to scrape down the sides to fully incorporate.
4. Fold in the pistachios, white chocolate chips and cranberries. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour. Make sure to preheat the oven to 350 20 minutes before you intend to bake them.
5. Spoon the dough onto lined cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set and very lightly golden. Cool and devour!