Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just Free Desserts

I've been known to dabble in Top Chef. In fact, once upon a time, I watched an entire season. However, it could never quite capture my interest enough to earn my committed attention. Why? Let me shed some light...


1. I don't like TV very much.
2. In order for me to sacrifice precious time, in which I could actually be DOING things, a show has to be extremely appealing and of outstanding quality.
3. I love food, but I don't love it sooo much.
4. Therefore, a show about food is great, but not great enough for me to watch it all the time.


But, alas! The herald has rung his bell and announced that there will be a Top Chef: Just Desserts





This solves all my problems! Well maybe not all of them, but it has solved the problem of my inability to watch Top Chef and the Gail Simmons withdraws that resulted from it (she's hosting!) Thank you Bravo!


Isn't she great?!


The judges will be Johnny Luzzini, named Pastry Chef of the Year by the James Beard Foundation in 2006, among many other accolades



Hubert Keller, a French cook renowned for his vegetarian menus and light cooking. (What the heck Bravo! He better not be a major buzz kill) 



And Dannielle Kyrillos, editor-at-large for DailyCandy, which by the way is not a candy magazine but an online mailer that informs it readers about what's what in their cities. Let's just hope dessert criticism is a universal art.



Regardless of the confusing cast of judges, I still think the show has potential. After all it is the sister of an Emmy winning show and, did I mention, Gail Simmons is hosting it! 


Isn't she great?!


Plus, in honor of the shows debut on Sept. 15, a myriad of restaurants in the Bay Area will be serving free dessert with the purchase of two entrees! If this doesn't leave a sweet taste in your mouth, I don't know what will. Check out the list of participating restaurant here and tune into Bravo September 15th at 8pm West Coast time and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment