What's better than some suga' in the morning? How about suga' coating everyone's favorite breakfast meat, bacon. Yes, that is better. Well how bout some suga' coating bacon with a kick to wake up all your tastes buds. Thats bestest! And thats exactly what this recipe for Brown Suga' Bacon will provide in about 2 easy prep minutes and 15 minute in the oven.
Brown Suga' Bacon
*adapted from The Neely's on FoodNetwork
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 6 slices of thick-cut bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a low cooling rack on top of the baking sheet. This allows the bacon fat to fall to the bottom of the pan which will make the bacon crispier since its not sitting soggy in its own fat.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a small shallow dish. Coat both sides of the bacon in the mixture and place the strips on top of the cooling rack. Pop the whole thing in the oven for 15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
3. Be prepared for some groovy good bacon :)