Saturday, July 10, 2010

De-lovely Delilahs


 Yummy baked goods? Check. Delicious sandwiches? Check. Kitschy cute interior? Check. Quiet but cool location? Check. That does it then! Delilah Bakery in Echo Park is officially de-lovely! Don't believe me? Follow along as I chronicle my visit through photograph and then tell me what you think.



As we entered we were confronted with a promise. A pretty hefty promise if you ask me, considering I was hangry (so hungry I was angry) and it would take a lot for me to leave "sweet".


When we first walked in my eyes were instantly drawn to the cookies (are you surprised.) They looked yummy enough, but my eyes seemed to say,"What else you got?"


I looked to my right, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Yellow floral walls and my reflection in the mirror.


I was warming up to the place. Then I saw the shelves full of adorable ceramic creatures and my heart melted.


I really wanted this cake stand but it wasn't for sale. Apparently this fawn has a huge ego and demands to be atop his pedestal at all times.


On to the food. I started off with a small cinnamon roll appetizer with orange icing. And I must say, though it was no Cinnabon (then again, what is?), it was pretty darn yummy!


I moved on to lunch. I ordered a BLT, which came served on a fresh french baguette with a light lemon aioli and was stuffed with tons of thick crunchy bacon! Maybe one of the best BLTs I have ever had.


But just when I thought the fun was over, I saw a tiny little surprise poking its head out from behind my salad. It was a complementary mini cupcake to wash it all down with! Did they know me that well already?


There you have it. I left "sweet" and very refreshed. But if you still aren't convinced that Delilah's is de-lovely, take my friend Dan Birch's word for it, "It's so exclusive."

No comments:

Post a Comment